'Open Sourcing' Survey

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Wed Jul 26 04:36:09 BST 2006

On 25 Jul 2006, John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
> martin f. krafft wrote:
> > Dear bzr developers, please allow me to forward the following email
> > from my professor to you. The bzr project with Canonical in the
> > background seems ideal for the survey, so if some or all of you
> > would take five minutes of your time (it really doesn't take longer,
> > it's single page and requires no login or cookies), it would be
> > highly appreciated!

So did you want one submission per project, or several of us to put it
in describing our personal experiences?

> The one project that is proprietary at Canonical is Launchpad. And I
> believe they are open sourcing parts of it, such as Rosetta (the
> internationalization package). However, I don't know if any actual
> pieces have been open sourced at this point.

Some patches have been passed upstream to underlying projects
such as Zope and Twisted.  I believe there is a sprint this month (I'm
not going) about separating out more things for release.

--
Martin