[merge] win32 fixes, executable bits toggling #45010

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Thu Jun 29 06:54:10 BST 2006

On 28 Jun 2006, John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
> Robert Collins wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 14:59 -0500, John A Meinel wrote:
>
> Attached is a new diff that follows Robert's advice and moves things out
> of tests/test_inv.py and into the file
> tests/workingtree_implementations/test_executable.py
>
> This also no-longer peeks at the XML, instead relying on the fact that
> InventoryFile.executable = True if the data is present in the file.
>
> This works on both win32 and linux, and it fails if we 'forget' the
> executable bit.
>
> The diff also includes a couple of other small win32 fixes, but they
> aren't very intrusive, and I would like to get them merged as well.

The reasoning previously discussed makes sense.

It looks basically OK to me - I haven't read it very closely because the
moved code (which is good) makes it a little hard to see what you did.

test_stays_executable is pretty long now (100 lines) - can you see if
you can make it smaller by testing particular cases?

--
Martin