Submit by mail

Matthieu Moy Matthieu.Moy at imag.fr
Wed Jun 14 04:50:52 BST 2006

Martin Pool <mbp at canonical.com> writes:

> Having a default which does propagate with the branch might be
> useful, so that people can get a checkout and then immediately submit
> changes.

More than useful, this is the key point for occasional contributors.
This means you can just

bzr branch
<hack>
bzr commit
bzr submit

Also, I do like the idea of an additional text, like:

$ bzr submit
Your message will be sent to bazaar-ng at lists.canonical.com which is a

Or

$ bzr submit
Your message will be sent to foo at bar.com, who is the author of the
ultra-confidential software XXX. Unless you explicitely ask for it,
you message and email adress will never be revealed publicly.

But that shouldn't be the top priority, for sure.

> OK.  To start with I suggest you just run sendmail; that won't do on
> Windows or some unixes, but it's enough to start with.  Make sure
> there's an easy way to cancel sending.

Seems to be a good start. At best, I like the behavior of Debian's
reportbug : it asks you whether you have a local mailserver, and asks
you if you want to use another one (I sometimes _do_ have a mailserver
that I installed centuries ago and that's not configure, which
therefore acts as a blackhole, and I bet I'm not the only one ...).

--
Matthieu