[patch] Alexander's win32 packaging patch

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed May 10 08:22:29 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 17:06 +1000, Martin Pool wrote:

> More tests are certainly welcome but I'm just not quite sure this
> tests
> quite the right thing - the most likely thing to go wrong with those

Right. This new test tests two things - the output spat out by setup.py.
which is liable to change if distutils changes it format, and which will
break everytime we update our metadata - so its not testing something
which could be altered by mistake. The second thing it is testing is
that the script succeeds without error, and without stderr output.

Of those two things, stderr is only thing not already tested, so I'd
suggest not having this new test and adding the stderr assertion to the
test_build in teh same file.

Rob