[MERGE] test-progress-bars

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue May 9 22:20:52 BST 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 08:04 -0700, John A Meinel wrote:

> This doesn't seem associated with your other changes. I'm not opposed to
> removing deprecated functions now that 0.8 is out. But it shouldn't
> really be part of a "Use progress bars" function.

The mixing was due to me wanting to clean up the stipple a bit while I
was here.. can put them back..

The problem was that there these functions are deprecated with no
trivial forwarder : they are tested by using the deprecated routines ->
warnings are emitted. I wanted to clean that up a bit, and wasn't
comfortable just removing the tests.

> > +
> > +    def _ellipsise_unimportant_words(self, a_string, final_width,
> > +                                   keep_start=False):
> > +        """Add ellipsese (sp?) for overly long strings.
> > +
>
> I believe it is an 'ellipsis'
>
> > +        :param keep_start: If true preserve the start of a_string rather
> > +                           than the end of it.

> I'm +1 on the patch and using progress bars. -0 on mixing patch concepts.

Thanks.
Rob