questions from a new bzr user

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz02 at gmail.com
Fri May 5 19:29:24 BST 2006

On 5/5/06, Aaron Bentley <aaron.bentley at utoronto.ca> wrote:
> Erik Bågfors wrote:
> > On 5/5/06, Ramon Diaz-Uriarte <rdiaz02 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>2. I cannot find post 0.7 releases of bzrtools
>
> There are no post 0.7 releases of bzrtools, just development releases.
> bzrtools 0.8 will be released when bzr 0.8 is released.

OK, I'll wait then.

>   as the link from the
> >>plugins page takes me to an empty directory.
>
> The http://panoramicfeedback.com/opensource/bzr/bzrtools link is not an
> empty directory, it is a bzr branch.  It contains a .bzr directory,
> which is, unfortunately, hidden in the directory listing.

Thanks. Last night I was able to try "bzr branch" and I saw there was
code in there.

> >> Either the sources or a
> >>deb would be fine. I found the deb package, but it depends on an
> >>ubuntu package; I can force installation, and it seems to work, but I
> >>don't like it. Are there places/repositories I am missing?
>
> Been a while since I used jbailey's debs, but I'm surprised they'd
> depend on an ubuntu package.  Which one was that?

The message I get is:
(...)

 bzrtools depends on bzr (= 0.8~200604291148-0ubuntu2); however:
  Version of bzr on system is 0.8~200603240905.

(Note that I can install bzr_0.8~200603240905_all.deb with no trouble at all)

Anyway, I guess with the upcoming release this will not be very relevant.

R.

--
Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
Bioinformatics Unit