Tiny problem with knits and http (double-encoding?)

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Fri May 5 15:19:06 BST 2006

On Fri, 05 May 2006 08:24:23 -0400, James Blackwell wrote:
> I haven't intentionally set it to do so.  This is almost boilerplate
> apache 1.x with the following additions:

[snip very boilerplate ProxyPass setup]

that's what I was afraid of... it seems the standard setup in Apache1 will
do this, which is something that we should at least document.  ("Beware of
Apache1 as a proxy, it will eat your babies.")

FWIW, local testing produced the same results for me.  It's standard
Apache1 poorness.  A quick glance at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_proxy.html didn't find any way to
disable this "feature".  Maybe it requires using rewrite rules instead.
But from another quick glance at the mod_rewrite doc, I'm not sure it
wouldn't happen anyway.

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
personal:                              http://www.laranja.org/