Saving log on failed commit

Robert Widhopf-Fenk hack at robf.de
Wed May 3 21:23:53 BST 2006

On Saturday, April 29, 2006 at 10:36:07, Guillaume Pinot wrote:

> > > These don't look like good places for user-visible things.
> >
> > Exactly, I would prefer to have them in the present working
> > directory.
>
> We can imagine that bzr commit take the non commited last message
> present in tmp/. this way, it can be hidden in .bzr and the user
> needn't to know where it is. Just add a message "commit message
> saved" when it fail, and it all ok.

As the commit might fail due to an outdated working tree,
you may need to pull/update+compile+test before committing
again.  Thus commit message might be (a bit) different then.

So bzr should call the editor with the old commit message
and give me a chance to modify it, but it should not use the
last message non-interactively (bzr commit --file LASTLOG).

Robert