New ignore glob matcher for 0.8

Jan Hudec bulb at ucw.cz
Sun Apr 23 16:45:23 BST 2006

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 14:03:30 -0500, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> I was wondering if there was any chance to get Jan's new ignore using
> regex engine into bzr.dev for 0.8. Since Martin is talking about feature
> freeze, I'm guessing that isn't likely. But it would seem to be a good
> time to get it in there.
>
> Is it too disruptive?

The branch still exists and is still online, though it was not updated from
mainline for some time, so it might need some conflict-resolving.

However, the problem is that as it is, it changes the format of the patterns.
I therefore started working on the new way of specifying them via properties,
but I did not have much time for hacking lately so it's far from complete.

The matched itself could be merged though. I have implemented doing the
glob->regex translation with fnmatch and used that in the call, so it will
work as pure optimization until I or someone else gets to finishing the
properties stuff and doing the new ignore patterns system.

--
						 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb at ucw.cz>