"bzr branch" and repository.

Matthieu Moy Matthieu.Moy at imag.fr
Thu Apr 20 11:00:04 BST 2006

Martin Pool <mbp at sourcefrog.net> writes:

> This is the current intended behaviour, but I grant that it is a bit
> confusing.
>
> The reason is that bzr branch copies across in the original format, so
> in this case cannot insert them into the repository.

I think this is a reasonable default when branching to outside a
repository, however, I don't see any reason why someone would want an
old branch format in a new format repository. So, in this case, I
think the format of the target repo should override this.

(this might become problematic when a repository format supports
several branch formats, I don't know)

--
Matthieu