bzr 0.8 release candidate

Marien Zwart marienz at gentoo.org
Wed Apr 19 21:00:30 BST 2006

(I accidentally sent this only to Erik Bågfors first, so he will
probably receive two copies. Sorry :( )

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 08:32:32PM +0200, Erik Bågfors wrote:
> 2006/4/19, Matthieu Moy <Matthieu.Moy at imag.fr>:
<snip>
> > I believe "push" and "branch" should also have a --format option.
> >
> > Otherwise, how do I create a remote branch in knit format if I don't
> > have a shell access on the remote machine ?

"bzr init" takes a "location" argument, but unfortunately putting an
sftp url in there does not seem to work.

> I think push, branch and pull keeps the format of the branch they are
> working on.
>
> If you think of it, that makes sence.  If you cooperate with a 0.7
> user, and branch his branch, you want to give him a branch that he can
> use.  So by not changing the format, that works.

I would like to be able to pull from the 0.7 user into my (private)
0.8 repository, hack, then push to a (publicly accessible) 0.7 branch
so the 0.7 user can access my hacks. Creating a 0.7 branch and pushing
into that from the 0.8 branch works, but seems to need shell access to
create the 0.7 branch.

It would be nice if there was a way (either bzr init with a url
instead of a path or a --format option to the initial push) to create
that branch without shell access.

--
Marien.