[win32] bzr on windows 98 (was: bzr 0.8 release candidate)

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Tue Apr 18 10:41:35 BST 2006

I ran bzr 0.8rc1 selftest on win98.

I found a little bug in config.py. Patch attached. This bug come up
because on win98se don't set HOME or APPDATA environment variables.
Mostly because of that fact another error is come up when bzr runs on win98:

bzr: WARNING: failed to open trace file: [Errno 2] No such file or
directory: '~
/.bzr.log'

Because of neither HOME not HOMEPATH/HOMEDRIVE pair not set it raise
error. There is long story and ancient discussion was in list about
where to store configuration files and log file on windows. Current
behaviour on win2000 where HOMEDRIVE is C: and HOMEPATH is \ leads to
store .bzr.log in root directory of drive C: .

*Result of selftest*: bzr hang on test
...ions.TestTransportImplementation.test_clone(HttpServer_urllib)

I'm personally too sceptical about using bzr on windows 98 and
unfortunately I don't have enough spare time to track down win98 problems.

--
Alexander