How do you divide a repository?

Joris Putcuyps joris.putcuyps at skynet.be
Fri Apr 14 19:44:43 BST 2006

Erik Bågfors wrote:
> Do you really mean repository? Or branch?
>
> If you mean repository, you can simply do this
> bzr init-repo newrepo1
> bzr init-repo newrepo2
>
> bzr branch oldrepo/branch1 newrepo1/branch1
> bzr branch oldrepo/branch2 newrepo1/branch2
> bzr branch oldrepo/branch3 newrepo2/branch3
>
> Etc..
>

> If you want to split a branch, someone else has to answer, because I don't know.
>
> /Erik
>
> 2006/4/14, Joris Putcuyps <joris.putcuyps at skynet.be>:
>
>>Hello
>>
>>Is there a way to devide a big repository into parts and keep the history?
>>
>>Joris

A situation:

I start writing a program, and put it under revision control(so, '.bzr'
dir is present). After some months I notice a part of the program, e.g.
a library could be a project on it's own, with it's own '.bzr' directory.

How do I move that subdirectory of my program, holding that library, to
it's own repository, including the history of all the files for that
library.

Joris