[jblack: Re: [tools-discuss] Evaluation notes on bzr-0.7]

James Blackwell jblack at merconline.com
Wed Mar 1 20:54:56 GMT 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 03:23:24PM -0500, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Robey Pointer wrote:
> >> One model that supports this is BitKeeper,  where
> >> you have to run 'bk edit' to edit each file.
> >

> > Perforce uses the same model.  I've gotten used to it, but it's not
> > very convenient.
>
> I think that we can make it convenient.  For example, we can have an
> inotify daemon that runs 'bzr edit' on every file that we modify.
> Fundamentally, it doesn't make sense to me that we have to tell the tool
> which files changed, because the OS must already know.

-1 on this concept. This would require documentation for installation on
how to install inotify daemons for any platform that we want to support
Bazaar-NG users on.

I've personally had problems with both gam and fam rendering my system
unusably unstable enough that deinstallation was necessary to in order to
perform basic work tasks. There seems to be some sort of dark magic in
that area.
--
My home page:   <a href="http://jblack.linuxguru.net">James Blackwell</a>
Gnupg 06357400  F-print AAE4 8C76 58DA 5902 761D  247A 8A55 DA73 0635 7400