bzr speed

James Blackwell jblack at merconline.com
Tue Feb 21 21:14:42 GMT 2006

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 04:33:41PM -0600, John A Meinel wrote:
> James Blackwell wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 11:45:09PM +1100, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> >> Would using .listing files like GNU Arch uses help at all?
> >
> > Nope. We already know which files are there. I have my guesses on why the
> > current pushes and pulls suck so horribly bad. Its a moot point though, as
> > there's a new thing going in that will push those pushes and pulls down
> > from 80 minutes down to about 3.
> >

> Actually, it would help. The reason sftp is faster than http is because
> we aren't parsing our own information to figure out what we need to
> pull. (And probably we have better keepalive and pipeline support).

My thought was that we already have an inventory, which negates the need
for something like .listing. Though I suppose its got a more involved than
just "whats present".

--
My home page:   <a href="http://jblack.linuxguru.net">James Blackwell</a>
Gnupg 06357400  F-print AAE4 8C76 58DA 5902 761D  247A 8A55 DA73 0635 7400