converting standalone branches to shared ones...

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Mon Feb 20 00:09:33 GMT 2006

On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 11:01:10AM +1100 I heard the voice of
Robert Collins, and lo! it spake thus:

> Say you have a standalone branch underneath a repository, and you
> want to make it use the repository for storage...
>
>  [...]
>
> I'd like to make this available from the console ui... any
> suggestions where?

Well, generalize a bit; we don't really want to solve "How do I move a
standalone branch 'under' a repository into the shared store", we want
to solve "How do I turn a standalone branch into a repository branch,
and vice versa?"

In one sense, this is pretty much just a "branch" (into/outof the
repository from/to the standalone), followed by a "switch"-type
operation on the working tree.  So it sorta makes sense to have an arg
to "branch" do it.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net