[ANN][PLUGIN] external merge

Erik Bågfors zindar at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 15:10:03 GMT 2006

Hi

I just created a small plugin that calls an external merge tool to
help you resolve conflicts.

It works like this

$ bzr merge
opps, conflicts
$ bzr extmerge --all

The tool will be called once for each file that conflicts.  You can
also call it with "bzr extmerge file".

$ bzr resolve --all
$ bzr commit

The external tool called can be set in bazaar.conf, if not set, it
will try kdiff3, xxdiff and opendiff in that order.

The tool need to be able to accept 4 files, this, other, base and
output file (foo.THIS, foo.OTHER, foo.BASE and foo).  I don't think
meld can be called this way, my meld is dying on me, so I can't verify
that.

You can find it at http://erik.bagfors.nu/bzr/plugins/extmerge/

btw, I'm not happy with the name, but couldn't think of any better.

Regards,
Erik