[RFC] cryptographic signatures - compared to monotone?

James Henstridge james.henstridge at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 00:50:48 GMT 2006

On 14/02/06, John A Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
> I think it would be useful to have a more advanced handling of gpg. So
> if we get pyme usable for checking signatures, we could also use it for
> signing signatures. (If gpg_signing_command=='gpg').

One problem is that libgpgme can't be used with gpg wrappers like
gnome-gpg, since it is hard coded to call gpg.

Also, it will call gpg with pipes as stdin/stdout as bzr is now, so
you are likely to see the same problems.  I don't think it makes sense
to try and work around this bug in bzr, since gpg-agent/pinentry are
still classed as beta software.  It would make a lot more sense to fix
the problem at source.

James.