Bug: bzr log --long --short --line

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Sat Feb 11 19:26:37 GMT 2006

Denys Duchier wrote:
> John A Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> writes:
>
>> We should switch to optparse and use:
>>
>> p.add_option('--line', dest='log_format', action='store_const',
>> 	const='line', help='display the log message on a single line')
>
> exactly what I was thinking.
>
>> I'm starting to agree with Denys that we should switch to optparse with
>> double parsing the line. And just require that "--no-plugins" and
>> "--builtins" come before the command, since they effect what commands
>> will be available.
>
> if this gets a general ok, then I'd be happy to pick up the work I started in
> that direction.
>
> --Denys

The only complaint I know is that it means some options are *required*
to come before the command name, since they will effect what commands
are available.

I suppose I'm a little concerned with how people might try to do:

	bzr --no-defaults --revision X..Y log

I also don't know how --no-defaults or --no-aliases are going to be
handled. I think if we take Erik's aliases work, then we will allow
multiple options, with the last one taking precedence. Which is probably
good behavior. (The only issue is if we use optparse's ability to add
options to a list, to allow something to be supplied multiple times. We
discussed using that for --revision, though we ultimately ended up with -r).

Anyway, probably you should wait a couple of days, to allow people to
chime in and say "wait! that is horrible because of X". Otherwise, you
have my +1 to start working on it.