Repository referencing in command lines

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Sat Feb 11 12:16:49 GMT 2006

On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 06:11:43AM -0600 I heard the voice of
Matthew D. Fuller, and lo! it spake thus:

> If the two pieces are slapped together in one chain like that, it
> becomes harder (mentally, if not programmatically) to refer to just
> a single piece.

Actually, this may be the best functional description of my real
issue.  If the repository is easily guessable (the same repository as
the branch I'm currently in is in, or the repository specified in
$BZR_REPO, or such), I want to refer to branches in it directly by
name.  URL syntax makes that a little sticky programmatically, and
VERY sticky mentally.

The other side, where "bzr get http://bazaar-ng.org/bzr/bzr.dev" could
mean a standalond branch at /bzr/bzr.dev, or a branch called bzr.dev
in a repository at /bzr; I think I care a less about the ambiguity
there.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net