Directed graphs and the glossary

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Wed Jan 25 20:41:40 GMT 2006

On 25 Jan 2006, Jan Hudec <bulb at ucw.cz> wrote:

> I believe 'revision' should be the node and the edge should be called
> 'changeset'. But often revision means both the node and it's
> corresponding edges.
>
> In fact I believe the the same terminology should apply to Arch as well
> - the edges should be 'changesets' and the nodes 'revisions'.

Sometimes we also use the term 'changeset' for a vector from one node to
another, not necessarily directly connected by an edge.  For example the
changeset plugin command can do this.

So perhaps the edges themselves are better described as 'revision
deltas'.

Like in Arch, one of the edges coming into each node is distinguished as
the primary parent.

--
Martin