bazaar-ng 0.7 released

Jari Aalto jari.aalto at cante.net
Tue Jan 24 16:25:19 GMT 2006

Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net> writes:

> Jari Aalto пишет:
>  > Howabout this (win32 native bzr):
>
>>      $BZR_HOME                  - if set
>>      $HOMESHARE\.bzr.conf\      - if exists, assume HOMESHARE as "HOME"
>>      ($HOMEDRIVE + $HOMEPATH)\.bzr.conf\
>>                                 - if exists, assume ... as "HOME"
>>      $APPDATA                   - ... or else
>
> -1 on proposed scheme. In my opinion: currently realized in bzr is
> most win32 native.
>
> ($HOMEDRIVE + $HOMEPATH) -- its definetely BAD idea for win32 native.
> Because on some machine it pointed to C:\.

I explained poorly or you misunderstood. I was proposing code that
determines the correct location like this. No automatic use of
HOMESHARE, but only IF user has a bazaar directory along it.

    if (environemtn variable is set "BZR_HOME")
       then use BZR_HOME
    else if (there is directory "$HOMESHARE/.bzr.conf/")
       then suppose user is using $HOMESHARE
    else if (you can find directory "$HOMEDRIVE + $HOMEPATH/\.bzr.conf")
       then suppose user is using $HOMEDRIVE + $HOMEPATH
    else
       use APPDATA

Jari