'bzr get' fails over sftp in arch-conversion branch.

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Jan 19 20:52:02 GMT 2006

Aaron Bentley wrote:
> John Arbash Meinel wrote:
>
>>>The problem being that he reads the XML directly, expecting all
>>>characters to be interesting and valid. And he doesn't try to un-escape
>>>them.
>

> Is it possible they also need utf8-decoding?
>
> Aaron

Well, so far we don't allow non-ascii characters in file ids.
And we've never allowed them in Arch, so I don't think it is a problem.

Right now in bzrlib.workingtree.gen_file_id we use the sequence:
name = re.sub(r'[^\w.]', '', name)

without using re.UNICODE, the above pattern will only match ascii
characters.

Eventually that will be part of my 'encoding' branch, so that we can
have file-ids (and maybe revision-ids) which have unicode characters in
them.

But so far, just ascii, no need to decode.