bzr 0.7 release candidate 2

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Thu Jan 19 02:04:07 GMT 2006

On 18 Jan 2006, Wouter van Heyst <larstiq at larstiq.dyndns.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 08:39:59AM -0600, John A Meinel wrote:
> > Martin Pool wrote:
> > > I'm happy to announce availability of the second release candidate for
> > > bazaar-ng version 0.7.
> > >
> > >   http://bazaar-ng.org/pkg/bzr-0.7rc2.tar.bz2
> > >   http://bazaar-ng.org/pkg/bzr-0.7rc2.tar.bz2.sig
> > >
> > > The major changes since rc1 are performance enhancements contributed by
> > > Denys Duchier and Goffredo Baroncelli.
> > >

> > Did you intend to include all of the ancestry? It makes the tarball 3Mb,
> > which isn't terrible, though the checkout is 35M.
> >
> > I like being able to see the ancestry of the branch, we just haven't
> > done releases this way in the past.

I thought it'd be good to have the full history available  in a tarball for those who
want it, but I probably should have also put up one without it.  I'll
move them into say http://bazaar-ng.org/pkg/full-histories/

> Perhaps related, there is now a tar.bz2 instead of a gz, and no zip. Is
> this intentional?

Yes, I used that because it was larger.  I'll keep doing the releases
without history with plain gzip and zip.

I'll probably put up the history in bzip2 and rzip form.  rzip does
better but apparently doesn't build on Windows yet.

--
Martin