bzr 0.7 release candidate

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Jan 11 13:07:22 GMT 2006

Brett Calcott wrote:
>>Please test this and report any issues; if there are no major problems
>>this will be the 0.7 release later this week.
>>

> I've just started using this today. 2 things:
>
> 1. Is it win32 compatible? It seems to work so far. I have been using
> the "jam-integration" branch.

bzr.dev has almost all of the patches in my integration branch. 0.7 is
slightly out of date, but nothing dealing with win32 compatibility.

> 2. "bzr diff" still outputs diffs on binary files. This is really
> pretty icky on the win32 console. Beep beep beep etc. How hard would
> it be to fix this?
>
> Cheers,
> Brett

We would have to detect that files are binary, which we don't have any
logic to do this yet. There are a few ways to do this, most commonly is
looking for ascii control characters in the first say 100 bytes of a
file. It isn't perfect, but I believe it is what grep and diff use.

Long term, we are thinking about adding file properties to indicate that
a file is binary, though that hasn't been decided yet.