bzr 0.7 release candidate

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 06:21:02 GMT 2006

On 1/10/06, James Blackwell <jblack at merconline.com> wrote:

> More frequent releases is a great idea. Our current release may not even
> support sftp pushes.

It doesn't :-).  But my packages aren't at that stage of development,
I just use "hand delivery" (email'ing a tarfile or zip file) every
week or two, and everyone is perfectly happy.

Also, it can be a good thing, if it continues to be done
incrementally.  I just wanted to make sure that my concern of
"releasing brokeness because we have a reputation for timeliness" was
heard and acknowledged.  I do like the idea of adding a very few
features, bug fixes, and other improvements on a faster time scale.
And I'll tolerate a low/medium risk for instability -- there is no way
to zero that out!

best,
-tony

blindglobe at gmail.com
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we can easily
roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).