bzr 0.7 release candidate

Mark Rosenstand mark at borkware.net
Mon Jan 9 16:24:54 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 15:10 +1100, Martin Pool wrote:
> I'm happy to announce availability of a release candidate for bzr 0.7.
>
>   http://bazaar.canonical.com/DownloadBzr
>
> Please test this and report any issues; if there are no major problems
> this will be the 0.7 release later this week.

I'd like announcements like these to show up on bazaar-announce. I'm
sure a lot of packagers likes to test the rc's, if not for putting them
in their official package repositories then at least to prepare for any
changes (new dependencies and such) the next release will have.

> A couple of people have suggested that we move towards time-based
> releases for bzr.  I propose to start making releases candidates on
> around the first of each month.

How about the (new) kernel.org style? In short: It's allowed to pretty
much break anything in a week after a stable release, then fix stuff in
a week (or so) and do a rc1. Another week with bugfixing and then a rc2
after which only trivial changes are allowed before releasing.

As I see it, the problem with the 0.6 -> 0.7 jump was that things never
got to settle down. The kernel.org style prevents such an issue.

Cheers :-)