bazaar web interface

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Jan 5 01:30:53 GMT 2006

Martin Pool wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 18:19 -0600, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
>

>>By the way Martin, it is very good to have you back. Are you actually
>>caught up, or would it be good to try and put some summary emails together?
>

> It's good to be back.  I had a very relaxing break where I barely
> touched a computer at all.  It looks like you all had fun here.
>
> I'm still reading the backlog and will reply where it seems useful and
> particularly to rfcs.  I've just pulled from Robert and am pushing to
> bzr.dev.  If this looks suitable I might make a 0.7rc1 tarball, unless
> there's anything urgent to fix first.

I don't know of any urgent fixes needed. There are some encoding issues
that should be taken care of. I have a branch that works on a couple of
them at:

http://bzr.arbash-meinel.com/branches/bzr/encoding/

I was hoping that Alexander would get a test written which would allow
more encoding testing. He seems to be working on it as we speak.

He seems to be our resident "test this on a non ascii (windows)
filesystem" person.

Right now, my branch has a test which is trying to test that we use
sys.stdout encoding but it is currently broken because the test code
routes everything to a StringIO (which has encoding ascii). Just to say
that my branch probably isn't ready to be merged as is, but if we can
solve some of Alexander's encoding problems, I think they would be good
for 0.7.