merging johns integration to mine..

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Tue Jan 3 15:48:23 GMT 2006

Robert Collins wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 16:22 -0600, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
>
>>Robert Collins wrote:

> Both :). Also, I found a bug -for me- with the fancy_rename usage
> against paramiko, possibly because I have an old paramiko - could you
> verify I did not fuck it when I tweaked the merge? (I found this after
> sending the prior message).
>
> Cheers,
> Rob

By the way, you did fuck up fancy_rename (because other places raise
IOError). I'm surprised you didn't see it in ./bzr selftest, because I did.

Anyway, I updated the code, and it is in my jam-integration branch.

Also, I found that the doctest in errors.py was breaking. I think the
problem was that hasattr() was creating a new exception, which messes up
sys.exc_value. So I switched to

>>> path = getattr(sys.exc_value, 'path', None)

So that hopefully when we see timeout exceptions we'll get the correct
traceback instead of *another* exception.

Do you think we should change the
try:
  raise NotBranchError(path='/foo')
except:

try:
except NotBranchError:

so that we don't catch alternative exceptions?