the inventory must be updated as merge proceeds, not at the end

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Thu Dec 29 18:47:14 GMT 2005

On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 12:14:41PM -0500 I heard the voice of
Aaron Bentley, and lo! it spake thus:
> John A Meinel wrote:
> >
> > We do ???
>
> Martin and Robert do, at least.

Ditto.

> > I really think CVS keywords are not the best answer to the
> > problem.

There are many problems for which CVS keywords are the wrong answer
(but the one "we"'re all used to simply because they're what we have).
But there are also problems where they're the best (or at least, least
bad) answer visible.  As long as bzr doesn't have $Date$, for
instance, my webpage will stay in CVS where my Last Modified:'s take
care of themselves.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net