[patch] encodings again

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Fri Dec 23 09:10:30 GMT 2005

Robert Collins пишет:
> On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 17:05 -0600, John A Meinel wrote:
>

>>PS> In case you missed the discussion, the current rule for the main
>>branches (Robert & my integration branches, and probably bzr.dev) is
>>that we need 2 people to review the change and give it +1. If someone
>>else speaks up, I'll merge it into my integration branch.
>

> I'd really like a test for this - that the output_encoding gets
> sys.stdout.encoding rather than bzrlib.user_encoding. With a test, +1.

OK, I'm try to write tests for log command and for commit editor.
I find that status command also have encoding problem, I'm write the
test and for status.

I think for commit editor is best not to invoke cat because this one
does not exist on Windows. But instead use python itself with '-c'
option and simple read-modify feature.

Anyway, any hints is great.

Alexander