[FEATURE REQ] bzr ls --conflicts (Was Re: merge vs pull

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Nov 30 17:47:40 GMT 2005

Jari Aalto wrote:
> John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> writes:
>

> | You can also always use: bzr conflicts
> | To see what files are conflicted.
>
> Can we please have these kind of commands under 'ls'. It would be more
> logical to group all "list" commands under one:
>
>     bzr ls [--type-of-information-needed]
>
> People can then simply:
>
>     bzr help ls

Well, "bzr conflicts" is shorter than "bzr ls --conflicts", but
generally I agree with you.
Plus it means that scripts can use the --null flag, without having to
add it to every other command.

> to see what information they want to display. I would even like to see:
>
>     bzr inventory => bzr ls --inventory
>
> for completeness and not a separate command. This is just more
> information that is displayed.

I'm not sure about this as much, since extra information is displayed.
"bzr ls" is generally a newline/null separated list of just paths. Which
makes it a very nice scripting interface.

I would certainly pull any patch which adds more flags to "bzr ls" into
my integration branch. Especially if it came with test cases ;)