bzr push, working directory, bzrtools

William Dode wilk-ml at flibuste.net
Thu Nov 3 12:57:23 GMT 2005

On 03-11-2005, John Arbash Meinel wrote:

> I don't believe most other SCM tools just have the working tree
> available for download (SVN and CVS don't, Arch doesn't, I'm not sure
> about darcs/bk/etc).
> So what your asking for might actually just be uncommon, since nobody
> else seems to support getting the latest version, without actually
> having the SCM tool.

This just means that it's a killer feature ;-) When martin did an rsync
access to bzr, i imediatly still this idea with success !

Like bzr export xxx.tgz, it make very easy to publish dev branch for
beta-testers that don't want to use an SCM because they only pull.

Of course we can use a plugin but it'll be difficult to remember "if i
want to push with the working tree i need push-rsync, but do i need
also to bzr push ?..."

--
William Dodé - http://flibuste.net