push over sftp

Joachim Nilsson joachim.nilsson at vmlinux.org
Wed Nov 2 23:57:39 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 13:41 -0600, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> Joachim Nilsson wrote:
> > How is "bzr push" on bzr.dev supposed to work? I've tried several
> > variants on the theme:
> I believe it is supposed to work as:
> bzr push sftp://vmlinux.org/home/crash/public_html/bzr/gul

... and now it works. Thanks! :)

> Can you put this line into bzrlib/transport/sftp.py, just before line 388:
>             mutter('sftp: connecting to host: %s port: %s'
>                    % (self._host, self._port))

First I didn't get anything, but after digging in the sauce I eventually
found the BZR_DEBUG variable.  And that's when I got it:

[10865] Thu 00:39:44.118 DEBUG: Connecting to host: vmlinux.org:public_html port: 22

> That should at least print out what bzr is trying to connect to. The
> error at least looks like it is unable to figure out who "vmlinux.org" is.

Yes, you're right.  The code cannot make heads or tails host names with
a colon...  With Robey's mail fresh in mind, mentioning that the code
only handles absolute paths, it all makes sense.

Thanks for the help.  I find absolute paths annoying, so I may look
into that if I get the time and noone else beats me to it. :)

Regards
 /Jocke