Unable to create directory $HOME/.bzr.conf on windows 2000

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Fri Oct 28 02:48:35 BST 2005

Martin Pool wrote:
> On 28/10/05, Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net> wrote:
>> Matthieu Moy wrote:
>>> Allowing _bazaar/ instead of .bazaar/ when the later is not found is
>>> another option.
>> That's why IPython use _ipython directory on Windows instead of .ipython
>> as should. But, IMHO, it's ugly.
>>
>> And I think BEST way for Windows is not to use .bazaar or _bazaar
>> because both variants is non-native and strange and ugly and... But
>> using $APPDATA\bazaar\2.0\ direcotry as John Meinel suggest earlier.
>> This is most native way.
>
> OK.  Could one of you please prepare a patch to do that?

> Martin

Attached is an untested changeset which should implement the appropriate
functionality. Including appropriate changes to the test suite.

I reviewed it pretty thoroughly, but I can't guarantee that everything
works, since it is really difficult to remotely connect to a win32
machine. (stupid lack of ssh :)