Unable to create directory $HOME/.bzr.conf on windows 2000

Martin Pool martinpool at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 02:07:59 BST 2005

On 28/10/05, Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net> wrote:
> Matthieu Moy wrote:
> > Allowing _bazaar/ instead of .bazaar/ when the later is not found is
> > another option.
>
> That's why IPython use _ipython directory on Windows instead of .ipython
> as should. But, IMHO, it's ugly.
>
> And I think BEST way for Windows is not to use .bazaar or _bazaar
> because both variants is non-native and strange and ugly and... But
> using $APPDATA\bazaar\2.0\ direcotry as John Meinel suggest earlier.
> This is most native way.

OK.  Could one of you please prepare a patch to do that?

I agree that a simple GUI would probably be better, or 'bzr whoami --set NAME'

By the way, I tried python-gtk on windows, and after just installing
it from http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/ and the gtk
win32 port it seemed to work with no hassles.  I haven't tried
gannotate there yet.

--
Martin