[BUG] Strict commit is a little too strict :}

Michael Ellerman michael at ellerman.id.au
Wed Oct 19 06:49:27 BST 2005

Blush,

My strict commit patch from the other day is a little too strict,
in that --strict won't let you commit ... ever.

Fix is here: http://michael.ellerman.id.au/files/bzr

revno: 1301
committer: Michael Ellerman <michael at ellerman.id.au>
timestamp: Wed 2005-10-19 15:37:33 +1000
message:
  Strict commit was a little .. ah .. too strict, oops :}

  branch.unknowns() returns a generator, so we can't do if branch.unknowns(),
  it's always True.

  if len(list(branch.unknowns())) might look cleanest, but creating the list of
  unknowns is not cheap for large numbers of unknown files.

  Instead we use a for loop to raise an exception as soon as we get one unknown
  back from the generator.

  Add more tests to make sure this doesn't break again.

cheers

--
Michael Ellerman
IBM OzLabs

email: michael:ellerman.id.au
inmsg: mpe:jabber.org
wwweb: http://michael.ellerman.id.au
phone: +61 2 6212 1183 (tie line 70 21183)

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children. - S.M.A.R.T Person