bzr merge fails if deleted contents differ

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Sep 28 21:36:10 BST 2005

I realize this is probably just a place where Aaron didn't know what the
correct method was, but I'm trying to merge my Transport code into the
bzr.newformat codebase. And when I did so, it did maybe 90% of the work,
and then raised an exception because I had deleted the "remotebranch.py"
file, which had been changed in bzr.newformat.

I don't really know what the best solution is. Perhaps just rename
"file.txt" to "file.txt.THIS". But still leave it as deleted.

My biggest problem is that I don't know what it did and didn't merge.
I'm slowly finding different things that it missed. Mostly it didn't add
newly added files, and so I have to copy them, and their inventory
entries manually.