bzrweb/bzr init questions

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Wed Sep 28 04:11:47 BST 2005

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 02:36:05PM -0500, John A Meinel wrote:
> Jordan Breeding wrote:
> > Is bzrweb still around anywhere?  I am having trobule finding it.
>
> The old place was here:
> http://mccormickit.com/bzrweb/
>
> However, when going there, I get a Internal Server Error.
>
> I'm CC'ing the original author, hopefully he is available to let us know
> what is happening.

Hi Guys,

The bzrweb code has been updated to work with the latest bzr and a
few bugfixes and patches have been merged in since the last bzrweb
announcement. Unfortunately the only place I have a working copy
of that code is here on my laptop. I can't install python2.4 on the
mccormickit.com server because it's Debian stable and python2.4 isn't in
that distribution. Bzr through bzrweb does not seem to be functioning
without python2.4 because of several instances of the '@' operator
throughout the bzr code (hence the internal server error). I tried to
install python2.4 from Debian unstable on my home server (mccormick.cx)
in order to publish bzrweb there, but unfortunately I completely broke
my Debian install (glibc only half upgraded, rendering many commands
such as 'tar' and 'ls' completely unusable). I am hoping to find the
time to rebuild mccormick.cx this week, and I'll post on the bzr list
once it's back up and running bzrweb again.

Thanks for your patience!

Best regards,

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx