[RFC] New web server for bazaar

Lalo Martins lalo at exoweb.net
Mon Sep 19 09:14:52 BST 2005

And so says James Blackwell on 19/09/05 14:26...
> I'm not very conversant with the plugin system yet. For all I know, if a
> plugin exists in the right place then bzr is going to start up a webserver
> by default every time the command is run -- even if by root*.

well, that is certainly possible, regardless of the code being discussed
in this thread.  Attached is a plugin that does just that.  (It would be
slightly longer if I was really trying to sneak it in, for I'd have to
suppress all the output spewage that BaseHTTPRequestHandler does by
default.  As I do in the remotebranch test.  If you want to play with
this, run it *inside the DMZ*, try to branch off bzr.dev as root and
without a cache, then hit http://localhost:8666/etc/shadow :-P)

However, I don't think that's what anyone is proposing.  The idea is
that _one_ specific command ('bzr serve' or somesuch) would run the server.

I'm still opposed to the idea, though, for other reasons :-)  I think a
server thing should be much more explicit about it, and I also see no
reason for including it in the bzr distribution.

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
http://www.exoweb.net/                  mailto:lalo at exoweb.net