A few questions/potential issues in Bazaar-NG

Matthieu Moy Matthieu.Moy at imag.fr
Sun Aug 21 22:02:25 BST 2005

Jan Hudec <bulb at ucw.cz> writes:

> Quite many people behind proxies actually have the OPTIONS, PROPFIND and
> other WebDAV methods (these two are necessary even for reading) forbidden or
> not supported on the proxy,

Fortunately, I'm not part of those persons.

A solution that will work in many cases in this situation is to use
HTTPS, since the proxy can't decrypt the trafic doesn't even know
you're using WebDAV (in this case, even sftp is doable through the
proxy, with corkscrew).

> so for these people a simple CGI invoked over plain HTTP is a lot
> better.

That would be really nice, true. But that would require a server
accepting CGI (or PHP not configured in safe mode). Sure you can find
at least one person on earth who doesn't have CGI on the server he
whishes to use, but who is able to use WebDAV through his proxy at
work ;-).

--
Matthieu