Discussed changes

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Thu Aug 18 15:07:21 BST 2005

[...]
> I'll give on the PATH priority. Load everything, last one loaded wins,
> default path is "$BZR/bzrlib/plugins:~/.bzr.conf/plugins"

That's mostly how it's working now. The only difference is that
the system path is introduced as the first item by the loading
system. Changing that would be interesting indeed, and trivial
of course.

> register_command() overrides previous entry, putting something in the
> log rather than issuing a warning.
>
> I don't feel the need to have a 'commands' directory, but I'm okay with
> it. I don't think we need it to be scanned, we can just "import
> bzrlib.commands" and have the commands/__init__.py code handle loading
> and registering all of the appropriate commands. Commands seems more
[...]

The interesting point about that is being able to load just the single
command requested by the user. That's how it's being done in Smart
Package Manager: the file name *is* the command name, so when a
subcommand is requested, an import on that specific name is tried
by the command infrastructure.

Regards,

--
Gustavo Niemeyer