Status of Transport work

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Aug 17 19:07:02 BST 2005

Hey Martin-
I just wanted to check what the status was for my Transport branch. I'm
pretty sure you've mentioned that you were going to merge it a couple of
times, but obviously I haven't seen the patches show up yet.

Is there some conflict preventing you from pulling them in, or something
else that you are waiting for?

Obviously I would like to see the SftpTransport updated to use paramiko,
but I think the basic structure is correct, and we can update it from there.

I would just like to see some commands like "bzr push" implemented, and
I think the Transport layer would make it possible, since it allows
writable remote access.

If you have qualms for other reasons, that's fine. I'm not even sure if
it would merge cleanly with the current sources (last I tried the merge
operator didn't work with missing revisions in the history).

Also, the changeset plugin in "bzr.dev/bzrlib/plugins/changeset" is
*very* out-of-date.