Tutorial error

Eric Sandall eric at sandall.us
Sat Jun 11 17:03:00 BST 2005

Quoting QuantumG <qg at biodome.org>:
> Eric Sandall wrote:
>
>> Note the greater-than instead of less-than redirect, the inclusion of an
>> e-mail address, and no space (AFAIK) is needed after the name/address.
>>

> This also doesn't work on win32 as echo actually puts the quotes into
> the file.  I'd recommend a better command but as far as I know
> there is no way to echo a stirng with a greater-than into a file that
> won't put quotes around it.  So maybe the tutorial should just
> recommend that you use notepad or something on win32.

Perhaps change the tutorial to say:
$ <your favourite editor> ~/.bzr.conf/email

Though I prefer the echo as it shows what file and what information go
into it. I think your idea of adding a comment for the win32 folks
would work best.

-sandalle

--
Eric Sandall                        |  Source Mage GNU/Linux Developer
eric at sandall.us PGP: 0xA8EFDD61  |  http://www.sourcemage.org/