Automatic generation of bzr dailies

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Mon Jun 6 07:09:18 BST 2005

On  5 Jun 2005, John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:

> Thanks for pulling it into contrib, but you have the permissions on it
> set so that it is not world readable. (So it breaks rsync-ing.) A simple
> chmod should fix it.

Yes, fixed now.

> Speaking of permissions, where would the best place to track them be? In
> the Inventory-store? It seems to me like the text-store is for the
> actual data, thus the inventory would be the place for meta-data.

I think they should be stored in the inventory, inside the file's
entry.  I think on Unix it would be reasonable to just have executable
files automatically recorded as such.  On win32 I don't see anything
meaningful to do with it, and I suppose the entries should just stay
there without being used or updated.  We wouldn't want all files to be
reset to non-executable if the tree's extracted on a Windows machine.

--
Martin