Automatic generation of bzr dailies

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Mon Jun 6 05:28:30 BST 2005

Martin Pool wrote:

>On  5 Jun 2005, John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
>

>>I went ahead and wrote a script which can be run from cron to pull the
>>latest version of bzr.dev and generate a zip file and tarballs.
>>
>>It should do so in a relatively atomic way, and clean up after itself if
>>there are any problems.
>>
>>This just came up recently that there wasn't a new release, this should
>>be a decent way to create daily snapshots. Or even more often than once
>>per day, as the unique numbers are 'bzr.dev-<revno>.tar.bz2'.
>>

>That's a good idea, and thanks for the script.  I'll put a daily
>export up on the web site.

Thanks for pulling it into contrib, but you have the permissions on it
set so that it is not world readable. (So it breaks rsync-ing.) A simple
chmod should fix it.

Speaking of permissions, where would the best place to track them be? In
the Inventory-store? It seems to me like the text-store is for the
actual data, thus the inventory would be the place for meta-data.