Automatic generation of bzr dailies

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Mon Jun 6 06:15:31 BST 2005

John Arbash Meinel wrote:

>Martin Pool wrote:
>

>>On  5 Jun 2005, John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
>>

>>>I went ahead and wrote a script which can be run from cron to pull the
>>>latest version of bzr.dev and generate a zip file and tarballs.
>>>
>>>It should do so in a relatively atomic way, and clean up after itself if
>>>there are any problems.
>>>
>>>This just came up recently that there wasn't a new release, this should
>>>be a decent way to create daily snapshots. Or even more often than once
>>>per day, as the unique numbers are 'bzr.dev-<revno>.tar.bz2'.
>>>

>>That's a good idea, and thanks for the script.  I'll put a daily
>>export up on the web site.
>>

>Thanks for pulling it into contrib, but you have the permissions on it
>set so that it is not world readable. (So it breaks rsync-ing.) A simple
>chmod should fix it.

I just found a small problem with the script. I use a temporary file,
which sets very restrictive permissions. So I recommend adding the line
"os.chmod(tmp_path, 0644)" right before the final os.rename in all of
the create_* functions.
By doing it on the tmp_path before the rename, if anything fails it will
cleanup.