Windows support

Roncaglia Julien bazaar-ng at virtualblackfox.net
Sat Jun 4 18:11:58 BST 2005

> Am I doing something wrong?  Is a new tarball going to be available
> that works on Windows?  I realize that this might have already been
> fixed in the repository, however, I can't seem to get that code
> without having a working copy of bzr. :(

The code is :
if hasattr(os, 'urandom'): # python 2.4 and later
    rand_bytes = os.urandom
else:
    # FIXME: No good on non-Linux
    _rand_file = file('/dev/urandom', 'rb')
    rand_bytes = _rand_file.read
So i assume you need python 2.4 under windows :D
The developement tree have a workaround so you could also try it if you
don't want to change your python version, you don't need a working brz
for it, just download rsync from :
http://footboot.net/rsync-win/rsync-win.zip
extract it and run :

rsync -av --delete bazaar-ng.org::bazaar-ng/bzr/bzr.dev .

You will have a bzr.dev folder who has appeared in your current folder
with the lattest bzr

If you want, i could also generate a .exe installer and send it tou you
(setup.py make this easy)

Note: A little bzr.cmd with inside :
"F:\Python24\python.exe" "F:\bzr.dev\bzr" %*
is also very usefull :D