emacs mode

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Wed Apr 6 03:01:13 BST 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 11:47 +1000, jan wrote:
> Bazaar Mode now has a home at:
> http://www.emacswiki.org/elisp/bazaar.el

That's great, well done.  I'll add a link.

> Here are the user visible changes since the previous release:
>
>   - XEmacs port, tested on 21.4.17 with the sumo package.
>
>   - Process calls are not asynchronous anymore, this means emacs will
>     not respond (except C-g) while bzr runs. After reading through
>     notes/performance.txt coupled with the assumption that the working
>     branch will always be on local hard disk I've decided it's not
>     worth the extra implementation complexity.

That's correct, everything locally should run at approximately vm speed
so there should be no benefit from running it in the background.
Commands that do network IO (when they exist :-) can be handled
specially.

>   - Not using 'bzr root' in this release (it leaves log files everywhere).

This is fixed in my tree; it now always writes to ~/.bzr.log.  Now you
get one big file.  I might do something about trimming it in the future.

>   - Fixed annoyances:
>         - only prompt to save files that are in the current branch
>         - point is better behaved in the *Bazaar* buffer
>
>   - Killed manual and moved everything into 1 file for easier distribution.
>

> If you use it, I recommend applying the attached patch to bzr.
> Without it you don't get the ediff support, which is about 80% of the
> functionality currently provided.

Thanks, merged for the next release.

--
Martin