Heads up: bzr.dev has 2a as default

Robert Collins robert.collins at canonical.com
Wed Aug 19 00:41:11 BST 2009

We haven't closed all the bugs related to doing a 2.0 release yet, but
bug 398668 has just been closed: the default format for bzr is now 2a.

This will have immediate ramifications for users of bzr trunk - either
nightly builds or direct from source. If you don't use bzr nightlies or
trunk, then you can ignore this email.

In particular, when creating a new shared repo via 'bzr init-repo', the
repository that is created will be in '2a' format rather than
'pack-0.92'. If the project you are going to be working with hasn't
upgraded yet, you may need to either create an older format repository
by hand, or get the project to upgrade.

I encourage you to read our upgrade guide for more details.
http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/bzr.1.18rc1-html/en/upgrade-guide/index.html

Cheers,
Rob